Learning to wash cotton sheets is easy. Besides, there is nothing like layering yourself in the coolness of freshly laundered 100 percent organic percale. Whether a chilly evening bundled under blankets or a summer nap, a luxury bedding set separates your skin from the mattress and the blankets layered on top of you. Importantly, they help protect by applying a removable layer between you and your mattress. Body oils, lotions, dirt, and dead skin cells wash away instead of resting on your puffy sleeper.
Like anything you love, giving special attention will prolong the life of your sheets. Our luxury bed sheets will grow softer with a tad more care, ensuring you continue to enjoy them for years. Our weave count, a high 400, confirms the fabric will grow more soothing, with a little more wrinkles, but that only comes naturally with age.
While you can professionally launder our product, home care provides all the cleaning you need. Cold or warm water offers the best cotton sheet wash. Like an ice bath waking up your skin, a cold water rinse for percale makes it perfectly perky.
Before placing your set into the dryer, untangle the wet bed sheets and gently place before tumbling on low. This assists in mitigating any wrinkles which may occur while tossing in the drying drum. Furthermore, your cotton should be dried separately from other materials, as the weight can create unwanted folds.
How to wash cotton sheets for less wrinkles
- Cold or warm water for the wash cycle.
- Organic or baking soda-based laundry detergents without fabric softeners are best.
- If possible, wash the semi-fitted bed sheets separately unless washing with fabrics of the same weight (never mix with colors).
- Use half of the recommended amount of detergent. Commercial ingredients can be harsh.
- Do not use fabric softeners, and never use chlorine bleach for whitening. They both can weaken the supple cotton fibers.
- A cold water rinse is best.
Drying Instructions for Organic Cotton Sheets
- Tumble dry on the permanent press or low temperature setting only.
- Using high heat will “burn” the sheet fibers and cause them to lose their natural softness. It will also weaken the weave, leading to shorter longevity.
- It’s even better to hang dry in the sun. (Who does that any more?)
- Remove your luxury sheets at the end of the drying process and smooth them while folding, disappearing any small folds.
- Don’t over dry the sheets.
- Percale cotton wrinkles more than polyester-cotton blend. You may press your sheets using the cotton or linen setting on your iron.
Wrinkle Reduction for Percale Sheets
One hundred percent organic cotton wrinkles. It’s a fact. To make a prettier bed and craft a smoother appearance without ironing, we recommend these simple steps (Have a spray bottle filled with water or a favorite linen spray at the ready):
- Place your fitted sheet over the bed corners. Very lightly, spritz liquid to release any creases. The water relaxes the fibers, and the stretching produces a tension, thereby pulling out any creases, casting a smooth surface.
- Lay your flat sheet over the fitted and tuck it around the mattress as tightly as possible. Once you have a semi-smooth surface, a light dusting of liquid will release any sharp rumples.
- Place the rest of your bedding over the sheets.
By following these easy care instructions to wash cotton sheets, they will keep you cool and comfortable for years to come.